Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Unexpected

I've been busy. Between crashing my car and trying to keep up with deadlines/get things done in spite of it, this was the first thing that dropped. Sorry about that. Even now, I don't have a lot of time, so I'll spare you the boring sob story.

Basically, this is just a brief expansion on my earlier point about mainstream music. I was talking about sifting through the field of feces that is the music industry these days and how in spite of the less-than-savory nature of the sifting, you could find some really great stuff. Almost like they flooded a whole field with their chunky, stinky bile and then scattered a small box of little shiny fun things all over the field. But this analogy is getting a little worn out. Moving on, then.

My point was that no matter how bad things get in "the biz," how corrupt and downright evil everyone in it seems to be, there is absolutely NO crushing the spirit of music. It is there, period, end of story. As such, it will always find ways to manifest itself - to shine through the murky poo water filling the field. (Leaving that analogy behind for real this time - I promise.)

My incontrovertible evidence:



In spite of its origins (a big, evil multinational corporation), this piece of music managed to take on a life of its own. A truly original idea came out and was perfectly executed, circumventing all of the BS that stops most original music before it can even see the light of day through the bars in its window.

Who woulda thunk it?

No comments:

Post a Comment